Tappan Marina Master Plan Survey
Domokur Architects, from Akron, was recently selected to develop the marina's master plan. It is expected that conceptual plans will be completed this winter, including a time frame for new construction and renovations. The plan will include:
- Renovations to the marina building, restaurant, and boat sales/showroom building
- Parking, lighting, and signage improvements
- Improved accessibility to the waterfront and docks
- New gas and courtesy dock designs
- Landscaping, outdoor gathering areas, and cosmetic improvements to building exteriors
- More efficient utilities
With the end of the 2018 boating season now upon us, we wanted to share some additional updates from Tappan Lake Marina.
- As a result of the hard work of the staffs of Ohio Valley Boats and the marina, all of the boats have finally been removed from the front of the marina. Boats are also out of the water and the docks have been moved to their winter storage area.
- Lighting and heating improvements were made to Ohio Valley Boats’ temporary service area in the lower level of the marina. A new service manager is also on board.
- The first meeting of the Tappan Marina Advisory Group was held the evening of November 13th. Eight members of the group met with MWCD and Domokur staff, and provided valuable input for our master planning effort. Many thanks to those who attended!
- The process of selecting an operator for the restaurant has begun. Four quality proposals were received and are currently being reviewed. The new operators will be involved in the planning and design of restaurant and kitchen renovations. The new operators will utilize the existing facilities during the 2019 season, with construction and renovations beginning next fall.